How To Start A Website? – Beginners Guide
First, before we continue you should already have registered a domain name and got your web hosting provider in place. (What is a Domain name?) The next step and a crucial step at that, is learning how to start a website. Starting a website for beginners can be very simple and straight forward, if you go down the right path that is. There are many do’s and don’ts when first looking at how to start a website and we will go through these in this post.
Where To Start
After you have everything in place with your domain and website hosting you will now face the scary task of tackling how to start a website for the first time. The steps you take here will be crucial to your success of developing your own website. You could always pay a developer or company to do the website for you however, what most people dislike about this is that they have no control moving forward with editing that website. The best way to kick start your web developing skills is to use straight forward tools out there which wont deter you from completing your website. We have spoke to many entrepreneurs who have stalled their business as they have come to a brick wall with their website – do not let this be you!
One of the most simple options is to use one of the website builders that are offered by your web hosting provider. This will make it easy for you to create a basic website from scratch. The website builders will offer you a range of templates to choose from and most offer ‘drag and drop’ features which makes it very easy for beginners to get that professional look. If you want to use more developed tools then WordPress is a proven success and we would strongly recommend this especially for bloggers. For a dedicated ‘drag and drop’ website builder you could always take a look at Wix which has come a long way since it’s launch.
We were all beginners one day when it came to building websites, the truth is, you do not have to be an expert with coding to have that professional looking site. We have some tips outlined below to help you on your way;
Make sure you recognize your own skills and do not try to push yourself too far.
- Pushing yourself too early will stall your site and you may lose patience.
- Use templates to get you started.
- If you have no knowledge of coding, stick to drag and drop website builders.
- When using WordPress make use of the Plugins!
- The best way to learn is by doing!
Important things to know on building an Online store.
People nowadays due to daily busy schedule none of us have time to visit department stores, retail outlets and shopping malls and waste time there. On days when we get holidays none of feel like going out of the house after spending a whole week at office. This is the main reason why people today prefer shopping online by sitting in their office, home or any other location. With the invention of e-commerce websites, online shopping has become much easier.
If you are a eCommerce Web development professional then you must know that there are certain websites that have a complicated design and these websites are not easy to navigate and this acts as a drawback for the users. Individuals visit e-commerce website to enhance their shopping experience and in return if they face difficulty it is obvious that they will not stay on the website.
We will discuss in details about the numerous mistakes that are made by website owners and shopping cart development professionals.
1. When an individual visits your website for the first time he will go through your website and the services and products that you offer. Thus, you must not force your visitor to register to your website at the beginning. If the visitor wants to buy a product he or she must be asked to register.
2. Do not create a website whose design will create confusion in the mind of the visitor. The design of your online store must be simple and it must be capable of drawing the attention of the visitor. The products must be displayed properly with all the details so that the visitor does not need to search for them.
3. There are numerous online stores that make it very complicated to search for a particular product. Do not integrate functions that will increase the level of difficulty. If the visitor cannot find the product in your store they will move to another online store to find the product.
4. Only designing an attractive website will not do the work for you. You need to give the complete details about your company and also include the customer care number so that after buying a product if the customer is unhappy they will find a way to get in touch with you. This will also built trust for your online store.
5. Make sure that your website does not take much time to update the products. As we all know that everyone is short of time and none of the individual would like to wait for long. These situations must be taken care off.
6. Your website musthave the best technical support because at times your website might fail due to some reasons and this will automatically decrease your sales and thus these situations must be avoided.
7. When individuals shop from an online store they also make the payments online and thus all the financial and the private details of the customer must be maintained and the money transaction procedure mist be safe so that the customer feels secured.
These are certain things that you must avoid and get them mended for increased visibility and revenue generation.
Philippines Best Web Designing and Development Company
Building your business Website are not only for public expression of a business;
it is also a very personal statement by the business owners on how they view their work and vision. And that’s not always a good thing.]
Business websites are about talking to customers and potential customers. Depending on the nature of your business, your personal vision may be a huge part of the message you want to communicate to customers. But if your site’s not saying “Hey, come do business with me,” it is speaking the wrong language, or at least trying to speak to the wrong groups of people.
If I am a potential customer, that’s what I really want to know: How are you going to help me?
So the first step, is to send along a simple little audience profile questionnaire for all stakeholders to complete. It goes like this:
Describe briefly the three groups of potential clients who you want to visit the site:
- What are these people looking for?
- What is the main impression you want to make on them?
- What are the three most desirable actions this type of visitor can take upon their visit.
- What is the main thing you would like to learn about the three groups of people who visit your site?
- How do visitors to your site find you in the first place?
- How often do you want visitors to the site to return?
For new or fragmented companies, this can be a pretty extended, even painful, process of figuring out exactly what you want to do, but this client knows what it does, and how to describe that high-value process to customers. It’s just not conveyed on the website.
Philippines No.1 Web Hosting Company in Philippines ,Why I-MAP Websolutions Inc. is better than any leading Web hosting companies in Philippines?
Philippines No.1 Web Hosting Company in Philippines ,Why I-MAP Websolutions Inc. is better than any leading Web hosting companies in Philippines?
Web Hosting Explained for beginners
What is Web hosting?
First let’s start with something that you are most familiar with, a website. How does a website created?
Before a website become accessible through the internet it goes to several processes.
First a web designer will build a website based on what is your requirement. He/ She will use his scripts like HTML, JAVA, CSS, etc. After the web site is build it is still not accessible via internet it is because the website is still stored in the web designer’s computer.
So how can we connect out website to the internet? For the people around the world can access the website.
The next step is to upload your file into a web server which is directly connected to the internet. Once the upload is 100% completed your website is now available in the internet.
And who is providing these servers? They are what we called web hosting provider, they allows any individual to have their website available via World Wide Web.
Now in order for your visitors can visit your website you need a Domain name. What is a Domain name?
The Domain name is referring to be the URL address like google.com, yahoo.com and imapwebsolutions.com.
In short having a website is like owning a house.
- You need a web hosting for your space.
- Web design for the renovation of your house
- Domain name for your address so your friends and customers will be able to visit.
With these tree main requirements you can now have your own website.
WHAT IS SEO AND WHY IT IS IMPORTANT?
To be able to start a business online you need to have these things set first.
- Domain Name
- Good Web Hosting Company
- Search Engine friendly website
What is SEO?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” listings on search engines. All major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing have such results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users. Payment isn’t involved, as it is with paid search ads.
As we all know that companies start the use of internet to reach their clients by getting their websites and targeting specific keywords to increase their chances of attracting more customers. But do you know that you need to have effective search engine optimization to be in the top of the ranking.
Reasons why you need to get an SEO company.
- Doing SEO takes lots of time and if you are not that much expert on these there is a chance that all your efforts will fail.
- They can target specific search engines which they know will help you increase your potential business clients. In hiring an SEO for your business, it is important that you choose the one who understands your business and know your marketing language.
- Hiring a professional SEO provider can guarantee results for your website and business.
- They can either provide you with unique ways on how to promote your business or provide some optimization methods in ranking your site.
- There are certain programs or methods that you can use to increase your site’s visitors.
Why I-Map Websolutions is the best web hosting choice in Philippines.
We know that finding the right web hosting provider takes a lot of research. Here in Philippines there are leading companies when it comes to web hosting. But if you ask me who give best web hosting offers? I would always say I-MAP Websolutions, Inc., Ask me WHY?
Almost all website can run in any hosting plan, also there lots of hosting companies offers Unlimited feature, promos email accounts and many more. But there is no other provider that gives a massive 3GB mailbox size each, separated in the web storage. Meaning ( no. of mailbox* 3GB each + Web storage). Can you imagine how big storage you have?
I-Map Websolutions offers this package for your business needs but if you want only to have online presence by having your own website we give All UNLIMITED FEATURES for a cheapest price.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited Domain Hosting
- Unlimited Subdomains
- Unlimited Parked Domains
- Unlimited FTP accounts
- Unlimited Email accounts
- 99.9% Uptime
- Live support
You can instantly build websites with Site Build feature and install hundreds of ready to use templates. Their live support is matchless and they can even help you in importing your existing websites on other hosting services to your new I-IMAP Websolutions account. You get 30 days money back guarantee and you can drop out any time as there is no contract between you and I-MAP Websolutions.
Domain Renewal Philippines Business Practices
Importance of Domain Registration
Domain registration is the first thing you need to do before getting a website and web hosting and what if you already have one…
Are you one of those Business owners who don’t give attention to their domain name that is about to expire?
We suggest to renew your Domain name as soon as possible to avoid losing it, causing your website will not be available for a couple of days in the internet this can spell death on you website. Turning your viewers to go to your competitor’s website and lost your opportunity to convert them into client. Domain renewal is not costly so why don’t renew it ahead of time.
Web Hosting Provider in Philippines like I-MAP Websolutions Inc. is giving services like domain registration and domain transfer for only 799 yearly.
How Does Web Hosting Works
You need to have a web host provider before you can run a website on the web. Your website can see your website online you need to have storage to put all you website files, address and a platform on which to build the site
Web Hosting Providers offers, a web space in their servers rented either on a yearly, or monthly basis. A server is a powerful computer that runs on specialized high-speed connections. A server also has a high level of firewall installed for its protection. Some Hosting providers give packages including web storage on the host server, email services, domain name registration and auto-responders. Some packages also offers free shopping cart an one click install software and access to add-on software applications that can be run on the web server.
Mobile Website Development In Philippines
Why it is important
Some research says that by 2014 Mobile web browsing will beat the Desktop and Laptop Web Browsing. Imagine 80% of the world’s population has its mobile phone using it for browsing on the internet. 53% are using their mobile phones to browse the internet multiple times a day. If you are in a business you surely don’t want miss all of the opportunity to get people’s attention to your products and services. One of the best marketing tools today is mobile Website.
Mobile devices especially the smart phone’s web browser usage is increasing and will keep on growing. If you think your potential clients pay only a short period of time browsing your website? Then wait till you see them browsing using their mobile phones.
Does your Website is Mobile ready? If not you may lost your potential clients because they can’t view what’s on your website using their mobile Devices or worst go to your competitors mobile website.
Let Us help you to take the battle to the small screen.
Call us now…